The Patient Care Attendant is responsible for day to day pod operations for their assigned doctor. This person must interact well with the patients, doctors, techs, staff and other offices.
This is a Per Diem position, mainly for Tuesday and Thursdays as needed.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Assist patients to and from exam rooms or to other areas in the clinic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proper phone etiquette in dealing with all calls.
- Computer savvy and have basic understanding of EMR.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of fax machine.
- Able to manage time well and multi task.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Answer and properly screen phone calls.
- Retrieve voicemails and write down messages on call log for the techs. Messages must contain the necessary information and be communicated clearly.
- Print daily schedules and call list for your assigned doctor.
- Call patients for your assigned doctor to remind them of their appointment.
- Obtain records for referrals/Consults on incoming patients.
- Schedule Referrals/Consults for outgoing patients when necessary.
- Fax or make copies as needed.
- Maintain printer supplies, keeping paper loaded and replace ink cartridges as needed.
- Maintain and stock necessary office supplies for your area.
- Escort patients to and from exam rooms, testing/surgery counseling area, and check out.
- Help sanitize exam rooms, ipads and clipboards between
- Help enter patient medical information and medications in EMR.
- Call our AR department for precerts on in office procedures.
- Assist with patient flow to ensure area runs smoothly.
- Be willing to cross train and learn ophthalmic tech skills.
- Sterilize instruments.
- Obtain culture and biopsy results for the doctor.
- All other duties as assigned and not listed in the job description
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
This job description is merely a summary and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent. Requirements represent minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at-will employment relationship.